Monday, September 17, 2007

'Twas Wednesday Evening...

...and all through the house, not a creature was sturring, not even a....

...CROCODILE?!?!?!?!

Ok, so that's not exactly how the story goes, but it is the essence of our little story. Early Wednesday evening, just after we had finished dinner and Paul disappeared...I couldn't find him anywhere. I asked the house girls where he had gone or if they had seen him. They told me that he had grabbed Richard to go down to the lake to see the crocodile.

Me: "WHAT??? A CROCODILE??? IN THE LAKE??? YOU MEAN THAT LAKE???" {while pointing down the hill from the house and adding a little "you're kidding me" in there}

Before I absolutely lost my mind over this thing, I had to do the most rational thing I could think of...I grabbed my camera and jumped in the truck to run take a picture of this crocodile to share with everyone! Much to my disappointment {and secret relief} the "crocodile" was no where to be seen; and actually he was not even a crocodile at all. Earlier in the day while the camp workers were leaving for their lunch break, they had seen a large Dragon Lizard sunbathing out on the road near the lake and had first mistaken him to be a crocodile because of his size. At this time, Paul is assuring me that this is not the emphamis Komodo Dragon, but until he is captured there is no way to really know what type he is.

Today when I was bringing Jonah home from school I noticed one of the workers spending his lunch break out searching through the bushes for our new friend. So, maybe sooner or later, they will find him and before they decide to sell him, eat him, etc, I will try my best to get pictures of him to share with you all...until then, we'll just be praying that he stays right down there near the water & does not decide to come up the hill to pay us a little visit instead!

No comments: