Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Once in a Blue Moon"

Jared asked for help with his homework yesterday; he was on the subject Language Arts and was in the middle of an assignment dealing with common cliche`s. He was having to fill in the blanks with colors like:

  • Her hair was as _______ as snow.
  • The girl was _______ with envy.
  • He is the ________ sheep of the family.

There were some that he had never heard of, so we were having fun filling them out together. He came across this one> "Once in a ______ moon"

I'm glad he made the connection, but I was left with a bit of a sad feeling for him. They have done so great, but we've been here just long enough for it to become total reality. They/we are realizing that this is no vacation, it's not a short term trip...this is it, this is our life. God has been so good, I know that through whatever sadness comes our way that God is our stablizing factor...we are here for Him and He will not leave us to be sad or lonely. The comfort that is given to me in my weak moments is enough to share...I thank God that He gives it when it is needed.

My kids are so precious...I am asking that as you read this that you would say a quiet prayer on their behalf! Thank you!

No comments: