Thursday, September 6, 2007

Lazy Dayz


Yesterday I received a text message saying that I would need to come and pick up the kids early because they were without power. The school's electricity had a short circuit in their mainline, so they made it till lunch time ok, but the heat was too much for the afternoon. The plan was come home, get your assignments done, and we'll go down to the swimming pool before dinner. They were happy to accommodate those plans...they did their work as told, and as soon as the clock hit 3, they rushed to grab their suits and towels, applied the sunscreen...out the door we went. Jared raced us there on his bike and managed to gain bragging rights of being the first one into the water. I didn't have my camera with me, so I had to capture our moment with the trusty cell phone...turned out pretty good I think:

There are so many blessings (like this one) that come from living here...sometimes I just love to sit back and take it all in. We really enjoyed our lazy afternoon hanging out by the pool...I am so grateful!

No comments: