Wednesday, September 5, 2007

God still answers prayers!

"Casting all your cares upon Him; for He careth for you"

As silly as it may sound...this message is one of rejoicing over the departure of our newest pet! I have to say that I really wasn't praying for God to kill him, but I did have to let go of my anxieties over having that snake that close to me...to my children. At first the thought of the potential danger was enough to sufficate me, but turning my fears and "cares" over to God really helped me to accept the fact that I was going to be the pet-parent to a python...something I would have never dreamed of hearing myself say ever in my lifetime.

The first week, we tried to feed him a baby chick (still having nightmares about that one! ha ha) and he refused to eat, so we were consulted that it was not a problem but that maybe he would only eat every 2 wks or so, so we have been waiting before trying to feed him again. To my surprise, Paul came home yesterday with the determination that we should just let him go & be done with the whole process! This is what was the determining factor: Paul was told that if we could not get the snake to eat on his own, that, in order to keep him alive, we would have to "force feed" him some meat! Yes, that's what I said; Paul (notice I did not say I) would have to hold the snake and force meat down his throat for digestion! Paul said that there are many things he is willing to do, but force feeding a python is not one of them, so "Pouncer" would have to find a new home or he would have to face certain death of starvation. I breathed a sigh of relief today as they took him away...I love how God naturally took care of it with little participation on our parts...guess that's what makes Him an awesome God~at least to me! :-)

No comments: