Thursday, September 27, 2007

Jonah's Journey...

As you may already know, we are scheduling a trip to Manila this weekend in order to get Rachel to a pediatric doctor there to confirm the diagnosis she has received from the local doctor here. I spent most of my day getting things put together in order to start the packing process later this evening. Jonah got wind of my planning and decided that it was time for us to go to Manila "right now"...I tried explaining to him that we were going to be leaving tomorrow after school, etc, but he would have no part of that..at that point he became a little too stubborn to argue with any longer, so I told him that he was welcome to ride with me in the van tomorrow, but if he absolutely HAD to go today, he was just going to have to walk there!

No problem for him, he packed up his game boy {a.k.a. the essentials}, put on his shoes and out the door he went. On the way out of the garage, he noticed one of the small suitcases sitting by the door (I had brought them out earlier to use for packing later), so he then put his backpack inside the suitcase and started out the driveway. It took him a minute to realize that I was really not going with him, and it was kind of sprinkling a little bit, but he eventually made it out of the gate and onto the path.

I was laughing so hard {making sure to laugh silently so he wouldn't know} all the while waving and telling him goodbyes. I told him that it would sure be nice if he would like to ride with me tomorrow, but I understood that he needed to go today. The goodbyes continued: "I will miss you buddy, be careful"!

It took him about 10 mins and he came back up the drive. He told me kind of nonchalantly: "Ok, I will come back now". This is the time for me to comment with "what a goose!", he had certainly pulled a new one on me today...like I said before, he always keeps me laughing! I love it!!!!

1 comment:

stephB said...

hehehe!! that is hilARIOUS!!!!! i LOVE it!!!!!