Thursday, September 27, 2007

Harvest

Everyday I pass down the same road...this "same road" is lined by rice fields on both sides. I have been here just long enough to see the entire process of planting, watering, ripening, and most recently, the harvesting. The process is so intriguing to me; these people must think I'm nuts because I just keep staring and taking their pictures.

Today on my way to the school just after 7 am, I passed the fields just as I do every morning, but today it was with a new vision. I watched as a hand full of men worked diligently on the fields they were given. I noticed that they did not work side by side neccessarily, yet they spread out into smaller areas on their own. As I passed by again around 10 am, they were still hard at work...I could see some of their progress, yet, there was still so much work left to do; surely they would still be working as evening set in.

What a spiritual lesson God showed me today. A real life example of the task He has put before each of us:

"...The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few, pray ye that the

Lord of the Harvest sould send forth laborers into His harvest"

There is so much work left to be done...there are many workers, hard workers, yet it seems that that fields are so full, so massive that maybe there is someone else that could join in the work.

"Oh God, this is fresh and new to me today. Give me the work that you would have me do, but Lord also, call others into your fields; there is a harvest of souls out there that need to be reached. I thank you for showing me the need of those around me today and for renewing the passion within me."

No comments: