Saturday, June 16, 2007

Transition...

Well, we have successfully been in the Philippines for 10 weeks now and we have had the opportunity to experience many new and wonderful things. What we are preparing for now is the "normal" daily schedule. We are making the transition from summer camp schedule to school/seminary schedules; hopefully we can say that it was a smooth one after it's all said & done.
As you know, the kids all started school this week, and they are in full swing. They are learning the basics of Tagalog already & are cracking us up practicing at home. They have discovered that the new school schedule is a little more demanding than they expected as they are waking up at 6, getting to school by 7:30, home at 4:30, and homework thereafter. Even though they are very busy, they are doing very well. Rachel did, however, fall asleep in school on Friday, but I'm certain that once she continues with the schedule a little longer, she will gain the stamina to keep up. (we'll just need to pray that I can keep up with them as well!)
Paul leaves Sunday to go to Manila to be part of the opening exercises at the Bible Baptist Seminary Monday morning. He will also begin his teaching on Tuesday. He is very excited for this new area of ministry and welcomes the challenge with a great spirit, however, he is a little nervous. I am convinced that he will do a wonderful job. I ask that you would all join to be in prayer for him during this time. He will be teaching 2 classes every Tuesday morning, so he will drive into Manila on Mondays and will return home Tuesday evening...please pray for safety during his travels also.
The house here is almost completely "put together", it has been so much fun this week filling the walls with "us". It's finally beginning to feel like a home~our home! The boxes have disappeared which leaves me with a great sense of accomplishment~whew!!! I am learning better how to drive around town here...so well that the other day I went from the kids' school to the market without needing directions! I know, I know, so great right! I really miss getting out, doing things, spending time with friends, etc, so maybe this new found ability to know my way around will give me a little more confidence as I learn this new way of life. This past weekend, I had the privilege of spending the day with another BBFI missionary who has their ministry about 45 from where we are located. We drove into Olongapo together, did some shopping, and had lunch. What a wonderful blessing to have spent time in good company, certainly God knew exactly what my heart needed!
In closing, may I wish each and every father out there Happy Father's Day! Enjoy your weekend and may you have the joy of sharing a few unforgettable moments with your families!
Thank you all for you support and prayers, we couldn't be here without you!

1 comment:

debra parker said...

I can't believe that you guys have already been there 10 weeks. That is crazy.