Saturday, May 17, 2008

I think I suffer from "tropical depression"

As I type, the sound of high winds howling and trees whipping are serenading their love song at my window. I am holding out hope that my connection will last long enough to allow me to post this little "ditty" in order to give a little chuckle to the "tropical depression" they say is knocking at our door. One report says typhoon and the other says tropical depression...What I know is that the winds are crazy and I am surprised that there is not any flooding after the rains we've had in the past 24 hours...not sure which category that belongs to, but that's how I see it. I also know I am NOT going out in it!

It is also funny to see the change that has been made in our family. The kids are running around in the garage laughing & playing, I sit here without panic...and that in it's self is truly amazing! I am watching Karissa at this time & she is just where I was at the beginning of rainy typhoon season last year, a little worried {not much} & wondering if we are supposed to be taking cover at all {she also grew up around tornado alley}. I think it is incredible how experience with God's protection can change our point of view...how it can change our lives. Trusting Him makes all the difference in the world. And, it also makes an effect on the people around us!

As I finish, I would ask help in praying for the safety of the campers who are loading up for their 6 hour ride back to Manila...for the strength of the camp workers who have been cutting weak limbs and cleaning up messes all day...for rest tonight to all who are in the path of this storm. I also want to thank our God for keeping us safe and for bringing the peace into our lives that only He can bring.

Here's the chuckle: I'm not real sure what the correct label for the weather should be...typhoon/tropical depression, but I do know that staying inside with 4 energetic children all day is enough to give someone tropical depression!

No comments: