Sunday, March 30, 2008

Year in Review

1 year…12 months…365 whole days!

The past year has been filled with:

*Days when the time seemed to just stand still and others that were gone in the blink of an eye. *Times when I have felt so secure that this is my home, yet other times when I have felt that I will never fit in. *Numerous tears {good and bad} *Too many adjustments made to be mentioned. *Face to the floor seeking God’s strength. *Face to the heavens praising my God for that very strength. *Much confusion in conversation. *Transparent facial expressions that give away my total confusion. *Laughter. *Celebrity-status attention while walking through the market. *Being overwhelmed by the expression of respect and gratitude of these dear people. *Lessons learned the hard way. *Smiles. *Comfort that comes in the least expected places. *Survival; though many strange critters have graced our home. *A few cold showers. *Many warm hellos. *Joy in witnessing the transformation of hearts. *Decreasing dollar. *Bargains. *Brown-outs. *New foods. *Good foods. *Amazing sunsets *Gifts from home. *Building new relationships. *Learning a new tongue. *Sickness. *Health restored. *Beaches. *Rainbows. *Much rain. *Much heat. *Growing deeper in faith. *Questioning. *Heartache. *Drawing closer together. *Fear. *Peace. *Learning of God’s mighty providence and provisions. *Discovering the meaning of daily devotion. *Fresh fruit stands on the highway. *Rice. *Interesting smells. *Witnessing true contentment. *Gaining a clearer vision. *Being convicted of great need-daily. *Feeling so helpless and small. *Trusting in a mighty God. *Blessings of modern technology. *Looking forward with excitement to the unknown future with a God who has a plan bigger and better than we could ever imagine!

My favorite verse remains: “Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.” {Eph 3:20}

“Lord God, You have been faithful to Your word…You have been amazing…You have done more this year than I could have ever imagined. I stand in awe at Your power and glory. There are times, Lord, when I feel so weak and useless, but I know that in those moments, You become stronger through me and it is then that Your power is made known as mine fades away in the back ground. I praise You Lord, for meeting our needs, for not leaving us alone in the place. Thank you for the good, but Lord, thank you also for the moments of trying and testing; You are still worth every bit of the journey. I ask that Your grace would continue to meet us daily as we look forward to the next year with You…I can’t wait to see what is ahead!”

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow, it has already been a year. Time flies. It has only been two months for us. I subscribe to this blog. Tell me if you can not get on my blog from my post. Amanda