Monday, March 31, 2008

Thoughts from the kids...

I asked the kids to help me with a writing assignment. My voice is heard quite often, but I wanted to share something from them. I asked them to either write a story or a list of their thoughts on their first year in the Philippines.

Jared made a list of the things he has enjoyed about his new life so far:

*Made new friends

*Flew for the first time in an airplane

*Tried new foods

*Learned more Tagalog

*Learned how to drive a tricycle

*Got a great new house

*Learned a little bit about cooking

*Found out that life is not easy. Well, not as easy as it sounds.

*God is faithful

Sarah decided to make hers' more of a categorized list:

*Scary things-

*Filipinos staring at me all the time.

*Things I learned-

*God takes care of me whenever I have a need

*Answered Prayers-

*Friends

*For the kids in the school to not be mean to me anymore

Rachel wrote a short paragraph about her friends {because that is the best part about it all to her}:

I like my friends because they taught me how to speak Tagalog and they care for me and my teacher is nice and everyone is nice to me.

I sat down with Jonah to get his thoughts or ideas and he indicated to me that he is happy that he has his Thomas to play with...Priorities people...priorities!

I am so thrilled that the kids participated in this project...I love how you see the individuality in the way that God met each one of them, yet He also filled the universal need of relationship in all of them. Isn't that just like Him. He is so personal...I am so thankful that the kids are seeing that in their lives as well.

No comments: