Saturday, March 8, 2008

I get by with a little help from my friends:

Karissa is here! She made it wonderful...God totally blessed her on her trip over and He also calmed any worries and concerns that her parents and us felt during that time. As always, God is so good! She is starting a blog to chronicle her experience and would like to invite you to read about her journey here.

The planning was crazy, and we were praying that God would give us unique opportunities while she was here. This experience has definitely caused me to sit down and make a detailed list of information needed for visitors...very eye opening! I thank God for that.

I have to say that we have, in general, been so excited for Karissa's visit, but I don't think I was truly prepared for the blessing her presence would really be to me. As the days drew closer, I felt this giddy-ness overwhelm me...the thought of sharing my days with a close friend was just too much. I'm not sure that she was prepared to minister to my heart in this manner, but God has used her to bless my days in a bright new way....Thank you Jesus.

We are looking forward to the next couple of months. God answered our prayers for activity; we will hold our annual Family Camp just the week after next, so this week will be filled with preparations for that...we are also welcoming in Bro. Steve and Mrs. Cathy Brown as our special guests for that week...again, so excited for old friends! Shortly after, we plan to take the kids out to the city for about a week as their "summer vacation" time away from the camps. In mid April we will hold the 50th anniversary Jubilee for the Bible Baptist Seminary and at the end of April we will take a trip down to Sorsagon to re-visit the work that started there last year. There is much to see and do! Already, God is giving us opportunities to have our eyes opened to knew ideas and open doors to future ministries...we continue to pray for God's leadership.

I would ask that you would pray with us that Karissa's time with us would be filled with ministry, filled with amazing opportunities, and filled to the brim with God's grace. We desire that God would speak directly to the heart of this young seeker...and that He would bring to us a fresh new perspective to this land that we have already made our home.

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify, even as also ye do. {1Thessalonians 5:11}

But exhort daily while it is called Today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. {Hebrews 3:13}

And let us consider to provoke unto love and to good works: {Hebrews 10:24}

No comments: