Thursday, November 29, 2007

Filled to Overflowing!

::Thanksgiving:: Our country was founded on the principle that we ought to stop and take notice of the blessings God Himself has given us and pay gratitude for all His provisions. This year we would carry on the tradition of setting time aside to do just that; except this year would be just a little different from times past. We sat down to an incredible feast with over 50 others...families who have served in this country for the Lord for decades...faithful servants who have been responsible for countless souls coming to know Him personally...WOW! I am among these? What a blessing it is to be here!

It would just not be a proper Thanksgiving if I failed to list out some of the things I am thankful for on a daily basis...so, I thank my God for:

*Sending His Son as a sacrifice for my sin...for allowing me the opportunity to have a personal relationship with Him and to have the gift of eternal life.

*Calling me into His service and for placing me in this country...I am extremely humbled that He finds something He can use in me.

*Memaw who raised me and loved me and put me in God's house every week...the foundation she laid for me has been my stability all these years.

*A loving, self-sacrificing husband who truly "loved me to Jesus". He is a wonderful example to me and to our children...I definately do not deserve him!

*The most precious children a mother could ask for...they are my jewels, they are my laughter, they are sometimes my tears, but always worth it! I understand better now just how the Father must love us!

*Parent-in-laws who have graciously taken me into their family and loved me as their own. I am also grateful that we are able to serve here along side them.

*Friends {new and old} who make my life complete, who give me a shoulder to cry on, who bring added laughter and silliness, and lend an ear to my frustrations. Their influence on my life in priceless.

*A growing relationship with my dad...it's amazing how close we have become even with all the time and space between us.

*God's Living Word that I have free access to each day...for the freedom to pray and sing His praises without holding back!

While meditating on my list of "thankfulness", I realized that I was leaving out a very important group of people who I am, in fact, extremely grateful for. That said people are the ones who sacrifice financially to support us as their representative missionaries in the Philippines. How overwhelming it is to know that hundreds of people are a part of our ministry...a vital part at that! And to add that they also lift up our names to the Father...it's just more than one can stand. I want to share this portion of scripture to express my feelings to these {to you}:

I Thessalonians 3:7-9

"Therefore brethern, we were comforted over you in all our affliction and distress by your faith: For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord. For what thanks can we render to God again for you, for all the joy wherewith we joy for your sakes before our God:"

**Heavenly Father, I am completely overwhelmed by the blessings you have so freely poured out upon my life. All the praise and glory go to you Lord. Thank you for supplying our daily needs; from the meals that we eat to the way you care for the deepest parts of our hearts~You are amazing! God, I want to express my graditude to the countless people who give to us through their offerings; their sacrifice sometimes is greater than I could imagine, may you bless them as they have been a blessing to others; provide for them in a special way. You alone are worthy of all my praise...thank you for all you have done!!! You are precious!**

No comments: