Friday, November 30, 2007

Crocodile Tears...

Now I know that the "crocodile" sighting was not forgotten...I know this because several people still ask me if we've seen it again, caught it, etc. For those curious ones, this post is for you!

For the past couple of weeks, our neighbor has been working along side the road clearing off areas for construction of his new gate. His workers have also been clearing out some brush along his property...well, last week Richard, our grounds keeper, came into the house with this:

The workers next door found this guy in the brush on the water side of the property. It makes me laugh to hear them all call this thing a crocodile...but honestly, it's the biggest lizard I have EVER seen! Now, my thoughts are that this "little" guy is the same one that was seen a while back over on our land because that one was also seen in the area by the water; the same water which also runs through and over to where this guy was found...it's a stretch I know, but it gives me hope! Of course, when I mentioned this theory to Richard, he said to me "No mam, I don't think so, we have a lot of these here!" Oh man...are you for real? ALOT of them? I don't think I even want to know what "alot" means exactly.

In a recent conversation with a friend {who is also a first term missionary} the thoughts and feelings were the same in the fact that we witness God's grace in such a special way each day. It is only God's grace that brings contentment....even the contentment that says, in the midst of the "crocodiles" I am happy... for her, it's being in subzero temperatures... for others it is facing a life with cancer... for some it's knowing that making a decision to follow Christ means that they will no longer be considered a part of their family... maybe facing life alone after losing a spouse... whatever the situation God's grace is found with utter sufficiency!

God's grace :: amazing and free and over all sufficient!

II Corinthians 12:9a "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness...."

No comments: