Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall

This weekend we are hosting our first annual Missionary Kid Retreat. I cannot fully explain how excited our children are. We are expecting to have 20 people here and hope for more in years to come...oh the joy that it brings when I think of how God has sent wonderful people into our lives...I am forever grateful!

While preparing the house for our guests, God brought to my memory, that I had packed a small box of fall "decor" when we moved. I knew that we would not experience fall here like we were used to, but thought it might be nice to go ahead and decorate accordingly just to warm my heart a little. I do not like cold weather and I am thrilled that God has called us to a warmer climate; however, I have found myself missing this change of the seasons...the beautiful colors in the trees, the fun of throwing up a giant hand full of fallen leaves into the air and running under them, the benefits of wearing my favorite blue jean jacket, the crispness in the air, apple cider, opening up the windows to let the refreshing breeze blow through, bonfires, hay rides, pumpkins, etc. This all comes as a surprise to me...On my list of things I expected to miss...fall was not there. So there I was, like a little girl in a doll store, yesterday placing my little pumpins, raffia, etc. I really did have a lot of fun...sad I know, but I have found that it's the little things that thrill me.

Far away from the place that embraces it's current season as the "season of thankfulness", God gave me something to be thankful for! My heart is thrilled...I think I could go for a good ride in a wagon filled with hay!




No comments: