Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Benefits...

Ok, so I've been away from my WONDERFUL hairdresser for a total of 3.5 months now and let's just say that I have been way over due for a good haircut. Not to mention the fact that with the new humidity-stricken atmosphere, I was needing a little "thinning" out before people started to mistake me for someone out of the mid-80's...don't get me wrong, I'm from Texas, and I can tell you that once upon a time, I had the big hair, but today, that style is just not gonna cut it! Last week I was able to ride into Manila with Paul and while he was teaching in the afternoon, I spent the day at the MegaMall!!!! There were several items on my list for the house, the kids, school, etc, but once the list was complete, I was on the search for a hairstylist!
I definately believe that salon prices are top on the "fringe benefits" list of being in another country. Here's how it all turned out:
  • Haircut & style...including a head, neck, and back massage ...P280
  • Eyebrow wax & thredding (that's a whole other story) ...P225
  • Grand total in US dollars ...$10.95
  • Shorter, cooler new haircut~below budgeted cost ...Priceless!!!!

I think it's wonderful that God chooses to bless even in the small things like haircuts...thank you for letting me share the excitement of my little blessing with you!

3 comments:

debra parker said...

I want to see pictures!

Jen said...

I was going to ask for the same thing as Debra - PICTURES!!! What an OUSTANDING deal....and a massage even...Ahhhhh.

Becky said...

It is so good to hear from you. I hope you don't mind I added you to my blog. I miss you and wish now more than ever we could talk. I am so glad that you got a great cut. Sounds like a great deal.