Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Letting Go...

Tomorrow we start a new part of this journey. The kids will be starting school here in Iba. The kids are thrilled and Jared continues to remind me that, "Mom, you know I'm in middle school now, right?!?", "yes Jared, thank you for making me feel really old"! As we are preparing, there is both excitement and nervousness about it all. It is so great that they have this opportunity to be a part of a school that is close to the house and that it is a Christian school, but most, we are all excited that they will finally be making some friends. I am nervous because for the past year and a half we have been together; every day; most of the time in the same room (or car for that matter)~they have been with us through everything... this letting go is harder than I expected. But, God is still leading and I praise His name for being a God who hears my cries for definate answers...there have been many nights that I have asked Him (out of my own insecurities) if this was the right choice. He has also heard my cries over letting go...and He gently reminds me that they are His & I can trust Him to watch over them. My prayer during this transition is that they would not be overwhelmed, that they would make good friends, and that the language would not be a barrier to their learning. It is a relief to know that they have wonderful teachers there that seem to really care for the kids (thank you Lord). The name of the school is Precious Jewels Christian Academy...oh, that they will understand just how precious my 4 jewels are & that they will take good care of them.
**I will post pics of their first day**
*Lord, I ask you to watch over Jared, Sarah, Rachel and Jonah as they begin their school year. That they would be safe from harm, that they would find a close friend, and that they would have an open mind to all of the wonderful things they are to learn this year. You know my heart, you know Lord that it's hard to let go and watch them enter this new world...but I trust You God, that you care for them even more than I do and that You have their best interests at heart. You have complete control, not only over them, but Lord, over me. Calm my heart, ease my nerves, show me more of You in the empty spaces of my day. I long to see what You will have in store for me during this time. Thank you Lord, I praise you now for the way You have cared for this mommy.*

1 comment:

debra parker said...

Tina. Letting go will be hard but just remember the free time that you will have. Okay maybe not free time but still.

I can't wait to see pictures.