Wednesday, May 14, 2008

it's just me and my memories...

I could just cry! In the midst of my insatiable need to organize my folders, etc, about a week ago, on my sad little computer, I managed to accidentally delete my entire photos folder from the years 2007 and 2008 {so far}!!!!!!!!! My stomach is just sick thinking about it. Here's what makes it worse: at the beginning of 2008 I said to myself, "I need to make sure I load my 2007 folder onto the external hard drive 'just in case' something might ever happen to my computer". Oh yeah, something happened all right, but not a HD crash like I expected~only I happened!

Today we drove Karissa into some areas for her first time and also spent some time at the market taking some photos before her time is finished with us here. I found myself more than once starting to say "oh, when we get home, I'll show you that picture"...UGH!!!!!

As time passes I am starting to be able to laugh a little about it, but honestly, I have felt so sad that all our first memories from this place were gone. I am learning to accept the fact that I will have new chances to document the same memories while also holding the the "firsts" so dear in my mind. At this moment, I see a greater purpose for God giving me the love for blogging, He knew that poor file didn't stand a chance!

"Thank you Lord for knowing me and for taking care of me the way you do! The sights I have seen and the experiences we have had are not really lost, You give them back to us daily and I love you for that..."

No comments: