Sunday, January 13, 2008

I feel loved...

There are some days that I feel loved because I feel little hands around me and hear the sweet words of my husband. There are some days I feel loved because I read a love letter from my Savior telling me of His deep love for me. There are some days I feel loved because I open my email inbox to find a sweet note from a distant friend; or recieve an encouraging phone call. Then there are days like this one:

About a month ago I had a friend who sent an email asking for a list of a few things that maybe the kids would like if she wanted to send a box for Christmas. Honored and quite a bit humbled, I managed to throw a few thoughts together & reply to her email. About a month later (a.k.a. last week) we received this gigantic box at the post office.

First blessing was that the box arrived safely without a trace of tampering {thank you Lord}! Words cannot fully express how excited we all were to tear it open, but my heart just broke when I lifted the flaps and saw that each little item was carefully and lovingly wrapped for each family member. Each package was labeled with a name, and as we were handing out the gifts, the bearers of those names squealed in delight over how many they had received; how I wish you were here to share in the moment!

When Jonah opened his stocking he noticed his very own pack of Gummy Worms to which he shouted, "Mommy, it's a WHOLE bag"! We just laughed and laughed.

We have listened to new music from favorite artists, watched some really great movies, worn new clothes, styled hair with new accessories, built robots, played tic tac toe, drawn, read books, colored, and eaten chocolate to our hearts content. I want to say thank you, but somehow, thank you just doesn't seem to be enough. It is amazing how God speaks to the hearts of His people to reach out to others, even more amazing when His people respond.....but oh, it is just ever so amazing when God does all that to meet the needs of the Eberts! We are blessed...we are grateful...we are left with a great feeling of love!

**To see all the photos from our Christmas in January, click here.

No comments: