Monday, January 28, 2008

30 feet away!

You can laugh with me or be a little worried for me at this point...I just mapped out the path of the missing glue trap with my trusty tape measure! From the title you probably already know...we found the ratless-trap in the patio area tucked in the center of a potted plants cluster 30 feet {yes, 30 feet} away from it's original position! We placed out new traps, so that may be a story to tell later, hopefully it will be a happy ending {for us, not the rat}! I have to admit that the strength and determination of the little guy kind of worries me a little...he put up a good fight and lost some hair along the way, I am not sure he will go down so easy. Let's just all pray that his power is not a family trait passed on from generation to generation!

~~~~~

On another note, today was just down right weird. Do you ever have those kind of days. I feel that my wheels were turning at lightening speed, yet it seems that nothing was really accomplished. By 10 am we discovered a leak in the gas line to the stove {praise you, Lord}, but we were also made aware of the fact that the tubing needed for replacement of the line is not available here in Iba...through that we learned that it is possible to make chicken quesadillas (lunch) and spaghetti (dinner) in an electric wok as long as it is done in shifts! When I arrived at the school this morning, to deliver Jonah, I found the princess crying at her desk...{Lord, just be strong for her and love her!}. It was upon arriving with my tutor back to the house that I walked into the above mentioned stove situation, and she would have to wait for everything to settle before we could begin. As a result, my lesson was only 30 mins instead of 2 hrs long! I am sure that is why my list of homework makes me nervous just thinking about it! The oldest great dane would be taken to the vet today in Olongapo and we've been told he will be staying for the rest of the week for testing...needless to say the kids have been praying for Tex and grieving his absence. At the end of the school day, Rachel came home with an injury to the inside of her eye. Apparently, she and a friend were playing keep away with a pencil and she got the raw end of the deal. The doctor was kind to meet us after hours back at the clinic to check it out for us & God protected her...it is only a minor scratch and nothing that a few eye drops won't heal! {thank you again Lord}

I do believe that it is high time for me to sit quiet at the feet of Jesus! This one thing I know~in the midst of a crazy day, God is still in control!How I re-act, however, is a reflection of just how much I trust having Him at the wheel. I have to confess my doubt today. There were moments when I felt absolutely stressed out. Why? Because I took my eyes off the Lord and fixed my eyes upon the storm. Once again I am reminded of my frailty and amazed at His Sovereignty! {Praise His name for His never ending mercies!}

No comments: