Thursday, November 1, 2007

Speechless...

Ok, it doesn't really happen often, but I am absolutely speechless. I am sitting here at the end of the day feeling that I want to write down all these wonderful things that are happening in life right now or some miraculous way God has shown Himself to me...I even think I would welcome in a critter or two for a picture if that would give me something to write about! {Ok, Lord, I was just kidding about that part!}

So, I sit here...I spend a few minutes to reflect...what can I share today? I will just set a goal, I will find 10 things worth sharing...Let's see:

10

Puppies! 3 weeks ago we had puppies in our house! **plan to post pics tomorrow** Our momma Great Dane had 9 puppies 4 weeks ago Saturday and we grieved the following weekend as the smallest one passed away in the night. They are walking and even try to play...the CUTEST thing EVER! How is it that in my 35 years on this earth, this is my first experience to see a dog give birth?!?...quite an amazing sight!

9

Heartache! Hurting friends...my heart is broken right now over the hurt of dear friends back home. It seems that I am consumed with the need to pray for them continually. I am so thankful for the gift of communication though 1/2 the globe separates us! I'm praying for you girl...you know who you are!

8

Rachel update! Her symptoms show a little improvement, still has the annoying cough. I get a little discouraged, pray for her every day, and continue the meds while trying to have the patience to wait it out until her 3 mths is over. Sweet thing asked me the other day "Mommy, why is the medicine not making me feel any better?".... oh, break my heart would ya!

7

Friends are coming! I feel so privaleged that I have not even been "on the field" for a year yet & we already have friends coming to visit! God has brought us back together after many years of life have passed and I am so grateful and VERY excited for the time to spend with them this next week! Oh mercy...did you see that...NEXT week...I need to get busy!

6

Semester Break! This week we are enjoying a little time out from the "daily grind" as the kids are having their semester break. It is always nice to take a little time out and just relax...we have done just that! Nothing beats cartoon laughter, puzzles, bike rides, swimming, and board games with energetic children!

5

Groceries! We spent the first part of our week in Manila for several reasons, but 1 primary reason...grocery shopping! Big thrills I know! I think I saw myself through the eyes of others this week and realized that even though it seems that our monthly shopping ritual is a strain, I am very grateful for the opportunity to get the basic neccessities and a few little perks as well...even if it means driving 4 hrs to do it all! **Thank you Lord for giving us our daily bread!

4

Crafts! I really did entertain the idea of posting this one all by itself the other day because I was so proud of myself. I have not really paid much attention to the girls room since we moved here, so we felt that maybe it could use a little sprucing up. This past week we finished 1 of 2 GINORMOUS ribbon bulletin boards (3.5' X 4') that will also act as a headboard to each of their beds; then while in Manila, we found a couple of boulster pillows for way cheap & had enough left over fabric from their curtains to cover them both! Got the curtains hung, and rearranged the room a little! Total cost {I just love this part} for 2 bulletin boards, curtains, and 2 boulsters...approx $30!!!! Simple pleasures!

3

Ministry! I mentioned earlier that there were a couple of reasons why we were in Manila. One of those reasons was that Paul had the opportunity to speak in the place of a furlough missionary. I find it exciting to see the variety of ministries...to meet new people and worship along side them. The kids enjoyed their classes & they even got to have AWANA Sunday evening; can we even explain their excitement~hardly! We spent the afternoon with a family that has become very dear to us...such a wonderful time; a beautiful Sunday it was!

2

Reversal! *Jen, this one's for you!* Not sure what has happened with Jonah, but it seems that once he attained the "Most Improved" award in class, he became somewhat satisfied and just gave up trying. In the past 2 weeks things have gone right back to our rough beginning...so many talks, so many punishments, so many tears...what happened? Sweet thing, he just looks at me in the mornings and asks, "I don't have to go to school today...do I?". He already dreads it before it happens, and once he's there he doesn't want to sit, doesn't want to write, doesn't want to sing, so on and so on! The best part about his day is snack time, so as long as we have that to hold onto, maybe we'll make it through this spot and get back to where he was.

1

Morning walks with my best friend! This has to be my most favorite new routine! Paul and I have been walking together around the campsite at about 7:30 am...just as the sun has topped over the mountains and the dew is still on the ground...so peaceful, so simply delightful!

We made it! I think that this post is completely indicative of my personality...to think I have nothing to say, but then have a hard time stopping once I get started! Thank you for enduring that with me!

One more thought as I close; the news is on right now and today our country celebrated "All Saints Day". On our way to Manila we were able to see many preparing the cemetaries for this day, but until just now, I had not seen the mass amounts of people who flocked to the graves today for prayer, for remembrance, for honoring their family members, etc who have passed. What amazes me the most is that the people will pray over these graves for the salvation of their sons, daughters, husbands, wives, mothers, fathers; they will pray tirelessly, fervently, earnestly on their behalf. They pay tribute to the statue of Mary and her "son", bowing at the feet of an idol that does not have "eyes that see or ears that hear" their cries. I am reminded once again of purpose...there is hope and a peace, May I have the boldness of speech to share that message with the ones around me...{God I ask for that}!

No comments: