Sunday, August 5, 2007

Walmart!


Today I shopped at Walmart! Can you believe it? Well, ok, it does sound too good to be true and really it is! What happened is that we took a day trip to Olongapo with the kids and went shopping for a few things that we are unable to get here in Iba. Olongapo is only 1 hr away and is the location for the previous Cubic Bay...where the base used to be has been converted into a tourist area and has many freeport exchange stores, etc. While browsing around, I came across some M&M thermos mugs for the kids for lunch. I scored one in each color; Blue, Red, Yellow, and Green...pretty good find! What's best is that we only paid 89 pecos each, which converts into about $1.75...again, pretty good find! When we got home and started the unloading process, I was taking off wrappers, etc and found this sticker on the bottom of one of the thermos:

Cracked me up! I couldn't get over it! When in the states, I think I personally kept Walmart in business and just recently I had a conversation here trying to explain, to the "T", how the store was set up, what they had to offer the customer, etc. (I think I could almost tell you what isle the peanut butter was on~ha!) It was at that time that I realized I really did miss that crazy store! It's funny what we take for granted. So this little tag was a sweet reminder that even though I am world's away from the nearest Walmart, that God is still going to provide each and every thing we might need along the way!

I guess you could also say that not only did we get the "Walmart" find of the day, but we also got it on "clearance"! Hee hee...I love that part!

No comments: